Susan Daffron has written both fiction and non-fiction books, including several award-winning titles.
The Jennings & O’Shea novels – A series of mystery novels that follow the adventures of Meg Jennings and Riley O’Shea.
- Book #1 – Sensing Trouble So far, 1997 has been a spectacularly bad year for reporter Meg Jennings – and it’s only March. Uncontrollable, debilitating visions have forced her to …[read more].
- Book #2 – Sensing Secrets Meg Jennings used to be a reporter, but now she’s a fugitive hiding out at a lakefront rental in the small town of Alpine Grove, waiting for the heat to die down. Meg shares the house with Riley O’Shea, who may or may not …[read more].
- Book #3 – Sensing Truth Meg Jennings has been on an adventure of a lifetime with Riley O’Shea. Together, they’ve uncovered some secrets and solved some mysteries, so they have a better understanding of why …[read more].
The Alpine Grove Series of Romantic Comedies – Novels with a little bit of humor and a whole lot of fur
- Book #1 – Chez Stinky: Kat Stevens is a slightly insecure, mostly bored technical writer who likes her cat a lot more than her boss. She hasn’t laid eyes on her great aunt Abigail since she was eight, so she’s stumped when… [read more]
- Book #2 – Fuzzy Logic: Librarian Jan Carpenter likes things just so. Nestled in her tidy little cottage on the outskirts of the small hamlet of Alpine Grove, she enjoys her quiet life with her friendly, rotund black lab, Rosa. Jan’s orderly life is turned upside down when… [read more].
- Book #3 – The Art of Wag: With the exception of a few failed forays into higher education, Tracy Sullivan has lived her entire life in the small town of Alpine Grove. When she is fired from her hostess job, Tracy hits… [read more]
- Book #4 – Snow Furries: After a life-altering setback destroys Rebecca Mackenzie’s career, she jumps at the chance to start over as a real estate appraisal trainee in her uncle’s office. Although a job change had been in order, being the… [read more]
- Book #5 – Bark to the Future: Growing up in the small town of Alpine Grove, Beth Connelly was the weird, shy kid who hid in the back room of her mother’s bookstore. But all that study time among the books led to being … [read more]
- Book #6 – Howl at the Loon: For Robin Saunders, her new job and the employee discount at the Eagle River catalog is great for her closet, but bad for her wallet. Mostly, she deals with … [read more]
- Book #7 – The Good, the Bad, and the Pugly: After a freak shopping cart accident, Brigid Fitzpatrick takes stock of her life and wonders what happened. Determined to reinvent herself, Brigid sells off everything and rents a … [read more]
- Book #8 – The Treasure of the Hairy Cadre For elementary school teacher Sara Winston, being a camp counselor is the ideal summer job, if only she can … [read more]
- Book #9 – The Luck of the Paw After years of lousy luck, karma finally gives Mia Riggins a break. The arrival of a mysterious package of postcards and lottery tickets results in … [read more]
- Book #10 – Daydream Retriever To Lisa Lowell, it seems like her life is defined by all the things she isn’t anymore. She’s not a world-class skier, not a wife, not a full-time mother, and not even … [read more]
- Book #11 – The Hound of Music Tess Mitchell would love to give her regards to Broadway, but so far that plan isn’t working out. After bungling countless auditions, Tess returns to her home town of Alpine Grove where her … [read more]
- Publicity to the Rescue: How to Get More Attention for Your Animal Shelter, Humane Society, or Rescue Group to Raise Awareness, Increase Donations, Recruit Volunteers, and Boost Adoptions
Most people think about publicity in the context of bringing people to events or raising money. But publicity can bring you other benefits as well. You can use simple and affordable publicity tactics to recruit volunteers, find foster families, and increase adoptions. (ISBN: 978-1-61038-004-1/ LCCN: 2011914679) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com.
- Funds to the Rescue:101 Fundraising Ideas for Humane and Animal Rescue Groups
Funds to the Rescue is written specifically for humane groups. The book begins with “The Hows and Whys of Fundraising” and follows with 101 entertaining and creative ideas. Armed with these 101 fundraising ideas, you’ll never struggle to find the money you need to support your animal shelter or pet rescue again. (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-9-5; LCCN: 2009905962) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Happy Hound: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Dog or Puppy is a book especially for owners of dogs and puppies adopted from animal shelters. It gives new owners the information they need to know to raise a wonderful family pet. Dr. Marty Becker, syndicated columnist and resident veterinarian on Good Morning America shares his thoughts about the book: “Happy Hound celebrates the joy and companionship of sharing your life with a rescued dog. It’s filled with pet-care information and anecdotes; I found it passionate and practical!” (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-2-6; LCCN-2006909898) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Happy Tabby: Develop a Great Relationship with Your Adopted Cat or Kitten is a book for owners of cats and kittens that have been adopted from animal shelters. Cats may seem mysterious and unpredictable to you, but the truth is that to a cat, everything she does makes sense. Once you understand feline motivations, you can more easily solve problems that arise. Happy Tabby embraces the unique aspects of living with a cat. Written in a low-key, easy to understand style, this book is filled with practical advice on raising a cat or kitten you can live with for years to come. (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-3-3; LCCN-2007906436) Available from online retailers like
- Vegan Success: Scrumptious, Healthy Vegan Recipes for Busy People by Susan Daffron and James Byrd. Wondering what’s for dinner? If you are a vegan or vegetarian, the question is somewhat more difficult because you can’t “cheat” and just zip through the drive through. Our book Vegan Success: Scrumptious, Healthy Vegan Recipes for Busy People helps you get dinner on the table fast with simple recipes anyone can make. (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-1-9; LCCN-2006907834) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
Out of Print
Gone but not forgotten. (You can still find used copies on Amazon.)
- 57 Secrets for Writing a Nonfiction Book
Learn the secret techniques published authors use to finish books. Get practical advice and creative ideas to help you finally finish the nonfiction book youve dreamed of writing. (ISBN: 978-1-61038-014-0) Available from Amazon.com.
- Publishize: How to Quickly and Affordably Self-Publish a Book That Promotes Your Expertise
Winner of 2009 APEX Award of Excellence in the Books and Ebook Category and two 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards (finalist in the “How To” category and the WINNER in the “Writing and Publishing” category.) Publishize details a cost-effective method to quickly self-publish a book. In Publishize, you will find information on all the ins and outs of print-on-demand printing (without the subsidy press stigma) and get an overview of the latest online book marketing methods. (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-8-8; LCCN-2008910208) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Web Business Success: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Web Sites that Work by Susan Daffron and James Byrd is the book that demystifies ecommerce. We share all the information we’ve given our clients for years. It’s essential knowledge that business owners should have before they create a site. The book is filled with lucid, common-sense explanations of all the geek-speak, jargon, and sales hype that can confuse you into paying more than you should to put your business online. (ISBN: 978-0-9749245-0-2; LCCN-2006909228) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Logical Tips for Mastering Your Computer: Quick Shortcuts, Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Your Computer More Effectively is packed with helpful tips on productivity, fonts, peripherals, graphics, hardware, printing, and troubleshooting. If you take a little time to learn a few computing tips and tricks, you’ll feel more confident in no time. And the good news is that all the information you learn builds on itself. (ISBN:978-0-9749245-4-0, LCCN:2007909557) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Logical Tips for Mastering the Internet: Quick Shortcuts, Tips,
Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use the Internet More Effectively has advice on topics ranging from netiquette and email to Web browsers, security, and creating your Web site. Like anything else, the Internet has customs and terminology that you need to understand to get acclimated online. Armed with information, you can stay safe and keep your email under control and running smoothly. (ISBN:978-0-9749245-5-7, LCCN:2007909558) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Logical Tips for Mastering Microsoft Office: Quick Shortcuts, Tips,
Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Microsoft Office More Effectively is packed with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint tips that can help you get the most out of Office, so you can get more work done in less time. Because many people use Word the most, you’ll find more tips on Word than any of the other Office programs. However, the book has helpful hints for Excel and PowerPoint as well. (ISBN:978-0-9749245-6-4, LCCN:2007909559) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- Logical Tips for Mastering Microsoft Windows: Quick Shortcuts, Tips, Tricks, and Techniques to Help You Use Microsoft Windows More Effectively is filled with Windows file management, productivity, customization and troubleshooting tips. Once you understand a few core concepts and learn how to customize Windows to work the way you want, your productivity will skyrocket. (ISBN:978-0-9749245-7-1, LCCN:2007909560) Available from online retailers like Amazon.com
- How to Use PowerPoint 2000 by Susan Daffron tells you everything you need to know to create presentations. Sams Publishing, 1999. This book had extremely strict writing requirements. Each section area and topic had to be a specific number of words to fit the somewhat rigid full-color layout specifications. You can find out more about this release and other books Susan worked on for Macmillan on the Book Projects page, including Special Edition Using Microsoft Office, Easy PowerPoint 2000, and Teach Yourself Microsoft PowerPoint in 24 Hours.
- Microsoft Office Expert Solutions. Susan wrote all of the Microsoft Word chapters of this book, which were called Critical Skills in Word, Word Macros, Word Styles, Customizing the Wordspace, and Desktop Publishing in Word, She originally wasn’t supposed to write the macro chapter, but was tasked to “save the day” when the original author flaked. Que Publishing, 1996
Also contributor to:
- Top Dog Recession Busting Sales Secrets. Wrote essay titled: “Three Absurdly Simple Ways to Recession-Proof Yourself.” (Also compiled, edited and laid out the interior of the book.)
- Success Rituals 2.0: Winning Habits of High-Achieving Women – How She Does it, and How You Can Too! Contributed essay titled, “Of Creatures and Habits.” Also laid out the interior of the book.
- The Official AWE 2009 Guide: Emerging Trends Every Online Entrepreneur Must Know – Anthology from the International Association of Web Entrepreneurs, 2009. Wrote chapter titled, “Key Web Development Trends Entrepreneurs Need to Know.” (Also compiled and edited the book)
- Streetwise Small Business Book Of Lists: Hundreds of Lists to Help You Reduce Costs, Increase Revenues, and Boost Your Profits (Adams Streetwise Series) Edited by Gene Marks, 2006.