Could you advise me how to set the application for opening *.eml types that I download as attachments to incoming emails in Outlook Express?
You need to reassociate .eml files with Outlook Express. Sometimes it seems to lose its mind so the file doesn’t open, or you get an error that says there is no program associated with .eml files.
According to Microsoft, this problem tends to happen if another email program has changed the .eml association.
You can fix the problem in two ways, either using Outlook Express or Windows Explorer.
To have Outlook Express, reregister the file type, you need to run the msimn program.
1. Click Start|Run.
2. Type msimn /reg
3. Click OK.
Alternatively, you can change the file association the way you would do it for any other type of file using Windows Explorer or My Computer.
1. In Windows Explorer or My Computer, choose Tools|Folder Options.
2. In the File Types tab, find EML Outlook Express Mail Message.
3. Click Advanced., then Open and Edit.
4. In the Application used to perform action box, type
C:Program FilesOutlook ExpressMSIMN.EXE" /eml:%1
5. Click OK twice, then click Close to exit the dialog boxes.