When you work from home, no one really knows when (or if) you’re working. When you work from home and your home is located in the middle of 40 acres of forest, nobody even knows if you’re home.
When it’s springtime and beautiful outside, it’s best to take advantage of the fine weather and do something fun. After all, a long winter will arrive all too soon.
So here are 10 reasons to quit early and enjoy the day.
10. The dog is giving you that look that means “if you don’t take me out, you’ll be sorry.”
9. You’re the boss. “Because I said so” is good enough.
8. You have to walk to the mailbox to pick up the Netflix. If your mailbox is a half-mile away like ours is, you may as well just quit for the day.
7. Garden produce needs to be harvested. (You don’t want it to go to waste, do you?)
6. Your writing muse has flown the coop because of the sun streaming through your window.
5. The lake level is up. Kayaks call.
4. Mother Nature is fickle. It could rain for the rest of the summer. Or even snow. Carpe diem.
3. Getting outside helps you think up new business ideas. (Really!) Think of it as a mini-business retreat.
2. People come here for vacation. You live here. Go pretend you’re on vacation, just because you can.
1. And finally our favorite: we moved here in order to enjoy the area. The work we do makes it possible to continue living here, but there is more to life than work. So there’s nothing wrong with going out enjoying the world outside beyond our office windows.